Twitter Tutorial

I have recently spoke and chatted online with folks about the power of Twitter as a professional development tool. I have also posted to blog posts on my feelings and experiences with Twitter titled Twitter 101 and Twitter Has Changed My Life. Some of the reservation I have encountered is just the fear of the unknown and not knowing where to start. So, I hope this video will help get newbies started. The video quality is not as good as I would have liked due to the size of the file that I uploaded. If you are interested in obtaining a high def version to share direct message me on Twitter @stumpteacher.

In addition, I mention in the video some folks to follow on Twitter to give education people a starting point. Please comment on this post with some people you think would be good places to start for new "Tweeters".


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, I'm a new twitteree and I've found the following beneficial so far
@shareski
@gcouros
@courosa

and if you ever want to get swamped then follow the hashtag #edchat

Liz Ditz said...

I have two twitter accounts @lizditz and @k_5remediation. I use the latter more for edu tweets. Every edu tweet should follow @cybraryman1 AND look at http://cybraryman.com/edhashtags.html

@SylviaEllison said...

I just re-discovered Twitter at #rscon11 ... That's where I also found @stumpteacher. Great video that I will share with my mentees and colleagues. Thanks for being so bold - both in your blog and on Twitter.

Michael Graffin said...

As a newbie 'tweep' (@mgraffin), I highly recommend:

@clivesir
@ShellTerrell
@ozge
@missnoor28
@teachingwithsoul
@russeltarr

Thanks for a great, informative video.

quidfac said...

This is nice work. Thanks very much.