I Have a Dream

As Dr. Martin Luther stated so many years ago…


“I say to you today, my friends, so even though we face the difficulties of today and tomorrow, I still have a dream. It is a dream deeply rooted in the American dream.”

I have a dream that one day all kids will have access to technology in their homes and in their schools.

I have a dream that teachers are given freedom to determine what works best for their students.

I have a dream that students come to school and learn what they want and when they want.

I have a dream where student’s passion for learning is not squashed by a curriculum.

I have a dream where textbooks are a thing of the past and students have access to constantly changing and evolving information.

I have a dream that that one day parents and teachers and students all work together for the goal of student learning.

I have a dream that students from all walks of life and from every corner of the planet will be able to use technology to connect and collaborate.

I have a dream that a student will be as engaged in school as they are at home.

I have a dream when standardized tests are a thing of the past.

I have a dream that a student never feels isolated and the need to resort to school violence as an outlet.

I have a dream where grades don’t exist and students are not judged against one another but themselves.

I have a dream that teachers are viewed as the revered professionals they truly are.

I have a dream that students are judged by more than a symbolic letter on a piece of paper.

This is my hope… the day when we will stand together as parents, teachers, and students and know that learning will one day be free. It will be free of curriculum, free of standardized testing, free of grading, free of unhealthy competition, free of financial restraints, free of textbooks, and free to be whatever the learners need and when they need it.

This is my dream.

4 comments:

cheryl lynn said...

Love your dream - Josh.
Read this today on another blog... keep dreaming and pursuing that vision!

“Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.” ~ Margaret Mead

Josh said...

I know...dreams can be become a reality of you just work towards it and bring some good people along for the ride!

Michael Graffin said...

Josh, you are NOT alone in your dream. It is shared the world over. Thankyou

Elaine said...

Well said, Josh! Let' s work to keep the dream alive.