History Hero

For the past several months I have been working on a new project that I am excited and super anxious about. I was approached by individuals at Mind Gamez to come on and consult on a new video game app they were developing. To start, all I knew was that I was going to visit museums, play a video game and do some work with Historical artifacts, which sounded great to me.

The idea behind the video game is to make kid’s experiences at museums and historical locations more interactive and engaging. The name of the game is History Hero and has recently hit the App Store in several markets. Essentially, the users are trying to save historical artifacts from being stolen by the villains who are the Erasers. For example, I have written missions at the Art Institute of Chicago. The mission will take kids through the museum where they will have to “save” some of the most important pieces of art in the museum. It is a great way to get kids and adults involved in the exhibits. Maybe the best part is it takes some of the guessing game of what should we see at the museum out of your visit. As of right now the App is ready in a few select markets and you can read the full press release here.

Personally, I am the Chicago area “guy” and am putting finishing touches on missions at the Field Museum and the Art Institute with more sites to follow. If you have kids or students that travel to any of these museums I would strongly encourage you to grab the app and have a blast.

Here is a great promotional video that was recently released!



No comments: